Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bow chicka wow ow...

Preußen = Prussian
park = park
danke schön = thank you, very much
Ventilator= fan

After some much needed sleep (danke schön, Ventilator!), Jack and I woke up at a relatively normal hour, and decided to do our own thing in the morning. I went on a run to explore more of our area, and Jack stayed home to do some work. It was rather nice...kinda made me think of being back home! Afterwards, Jack decided to take a break before lunch, and we around Preußenpark. It is a smallish-sized park, with a big green area, a small cafe, and paths to walk around. 

The sun was out and the weather was warm when Jack and I decided to sit down on a bench. We were enjoying the afternoon when all of a sudden, bow chicka wow ow....people were stripping down to their underwear. I saw thonged women with very white butts. I saw a man in whitey-tighties (even though they were black). I saw a woman not wearing the right sized bra. I felt like a deer in headlights...do I keep people watching? Do I look away? Do we leave? What do we do in the presence of stripping? America has trained us to hide our bodies behind layers of clothing...it's weird to be in a place where they do not feel the same. We ended up leaving a few minutes later, as it was lunchtime and our tummies were rumbling.

1 comment: